POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:35:27
Message: <47bc80ff@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> I seem to remember a certain image created by a certain member here that
> fooled plenty of people into thinking it was a photo. I takes skill and
> talent, but it can be done.

ok, let me say it again:  Those images look far more photorealistic than
*most* povray renders.

Sure, you can endlessly tweak the povray scene or settings in other
biased renderings to get very photorealistic results.  You may also
endlessly tweak the light sources and radiosity/photon mapping settings
to get the illumination just right.  You can do nothing at all about
aliasing of edges against very bright backdrops.

Or you can just buy top hardware, model, texture and drop accurate
lighting in your scene and let an unbiased rendering method handle it
overnight.