POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) : Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New LuxRender web site (http://www.luxrender.net)
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 20 Feb 2008 14:30:02
Message: <47bc7fba$1@news.povray.org>
>> My point is that somebody having a different opinion to you does not
>> automatically make them an idiot.
>
> photorealism is not a matter of opinion.

"LuxRender is better than POV-Ray" is an opinion.

I didn't say POV-Ray *is* better - I just asked you not to call people
names when they suggest that it might be. People have opinions. That
doesn't mean that anybody with an opinion different to yours is stupid.

> The more accurate and close to
> reality it looks, the more photorealistic it is.

False, as demonstrated. Sometimes things "look" wrong when they are in
fact physically correct. Realism - and anything else involving your eyes
- is in the eye of the beholder.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/