POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Kindling (Message 391 to 400 of 520)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Kindling
Date: 25 Jan 2011 06:05:12
Message: <4d3eae68$1@news.povray.org>
On 25/01/2011 10:47 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> You don't have to prove you're not using iPlayer, they will prove if you
>> *are* using it!
>
> In other words, they will say "you possess a device capable of watching
> TV, give us your money".

 From
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology-top8/

Many TV channels are now available to watch over the internet. If you’re
watching programmes on a computer or laptop as they're being shown on
TV, then you need a TV Licence. However, you don’t need to be covered by
a licence if you’re only using ‘on-demand’ services to watch programmes
after they have been shown on TV. So, you need a licence to watch any
channel live online, *but you wouldn’t need one to use BBC iPlayer to
catch up on an episode of a programme you missed, for example.*

Does that explain it?

--
Regards
     Stephen