POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Kindling : Re: Kindling Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kindling
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 Jan 2011 16:35:15
Message: <4d3f4213$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/24/2011 3:09 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 12:56:14 +0000, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> It's a bit like the old argument over TV adverts. Some people skip 'em,
>> but many TV channels couldn't exist without those adverts.
>
> Personally, I don't buy that argument, though.  One of the ideas behind
> cable TV here in the US was that since people paid a subscription fee,
> advertisers weren't needed to support the programming.

Course.. If all we paid was a subscription fee we would be watching the
"Nazi tomb of Jesus: In stop motion", instead of 15 different programs
running from "The Tomb of Jesus.", to, "Nazi month of History Channel",
to, "The people with fat dogs reality show", to the new, "Vatican
Exorcism Chronicles". Wait.. What was my point again?

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {