POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I just so love Feynman Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  I just so love Feynman (Message 11 to 20 of 26)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: I just so love Feynman
Date: 7 Nov 2010 12:14:11
Message: <4cd6de63$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I still don't quite get it. Well, I suppose I will have to submit to the
> fact that I have never understood it, and I still don't understand it.

Well, I'm certainly no Feynman, but you could say all the "gaps" you think
are there are actually full of photons. The photons last only a very brief
time. When the electrons from one atom are close enough to the other that
the photon has time to go between, they interact.  That's really about all I
understand of it also.  I'm not sure that anyone knows better the *why* of it.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: