POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I just so love Feynman : Re: I just so love Feynman Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I just so love Feynman
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Nov 2010 01:31:48
Message: <4cd8ead4@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> stay apart even though there is no actual force interaction between them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_exclusion_principle

"""
The consequence of the Pauli principle here is that electrons of the same
spin are kept apart by a repulsive exchange interaction, which is a
short-range effect complemented by the long-range electrostatic or coulombic
force. This effect is therefore partly responsible for the everyday
observation in the macroscopic world that two solid objects cannot be in the
same place in the same time.
"""

Sounds like it's both, holding your butt up. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Serving Suggestion: