POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Web page construction (Message 6 to 15 of 35)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Web page construction
Date: 13 Sep 2010 04:05:42
Message: <4c8ddb56$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/09/2010 07:12 PM, nemesis wrote:

> * { padding: 0; margin: 0; }
> div { margin-top: 3em; }

Turn off margins on *everything*? Isn't that a little OTT?

>> 2. I want to build a file tree where you can collapse or expand tree
>> nodes. The obvious way to do this is with the<ul>  element.
>
> no, the obvious way in this day and age is to just use jQuery:
>
> http://jquery.org/

Um... JQuery is a library for writing JavaScript. How is that relevant
to building a static web page?

> like:

http://homework.nwsnet.de/news/ea21_turn-nested-lists-into-a-collapsible-tree-with-jquery

So... you transform the page on the client-side? Why in the name of God
would you do that?

> And if you are fed up with web design and web pages and want to develop web apps
> instead, go for http://cappuccino.org/

No. I am merely building static pages, not complex web apps.

Post a reply to this message