POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 13 Sep 2010 16:15:16
Message: <4c8e8654$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/09/2010 21:56, Orchid XP v8 nous fit lire :
>>> Turn off margins on *everything*? Isn't that a little OTT?
>>
>> yes, but does exactly what your example needed.
>>
>> In any case, it's very common to find that rule in most css files and
>> then specify padding/margin per element in need.
>
> Well, yes, I suppose the other possibility is to override *everything*,
> so that I know that the spacing will be the same on all browsers, so I
> only need to test it on one...

You are far too optimistic.
(and even IE has a glitch mode: the very same document can be rendered
with either the standard html+css or the old html engine... all
triggered by some fancy first line... in doubt, it revert to old engine!)

If you keep feature to minimum, you have hope... but stay away of round
corner, shadows and other "new" things. I guess that even table is a
doomed tag. (and do not ask for fancy bullet in any list...)

And firefox might display an xml document when served by a server, but
not as a file:// (and if the xlt are not on the same server, it won't
allow it!)

And YMMV with each subversion of each browser!