POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Sep 2010 11:01:07
Message: <4c8e3cb3@news.povray.org>
On 12/09/2010 01:21 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Introduction
> (Show/hide)
>

> ...real content...

Apparently, you can use the position: property for this. This property
has several possible values, almost none of which do what their names
suggest:

position: static is the normal flow-based positioning (?!)
position: relative lets you shift an element in relation to its usual
position (without affecting anything else around it).
position: fixed fixes the element's position relative to the browser window.
position: absolute fixes the element's position relative to the first
enclosing element who's position: attribute isn't static (usually the
entire page (!!))

So, by enclosing the entire section in some kind of block-level element
and setting its position to "relative" (but not actually moving it), you
can then set the show/hide button to "absolute", which then allows you
to position it *relative* to the enclosing block (WTF?) Best of all, the
rest of the flow now behaves as if that button wasn't there.

Only trouble is, now I've gone from having too much space to having not
enough... >_<

> or even
>
> Introduction (Show/hide)
>

> ...real content...

As far as I can tell, this is impossible.