POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Web page construction : Re: Web page construction Server Time
3 Sep 2024 19:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page construction
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Sep 2010 11:14:57
Message: <4c8e3ff1$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/2010 04:01 PM, Invisible wrote:

>> Introduction (Show/hide)
>>

>> ...real content...
>
> As far as I can tell, this is impossible.

"This next test is impossible..."

I guess that was pretty much guaranteed to result in abject failure, eh?

Apparently simply setting

   h1 {display: inline;}

somehow *doesn't* make <h1> display inline, but if you also make the
following <p> tag inline, the correct result is obtained. I have
absolutely no idea why the hell that works, and whether it works in all
browsers or whether it's just a Firefox bug.

(As an aside, IE7 seems totally unable to display this particular XHTML
page at well, which is weird...)