POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Florida Vacation: Ideas? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Florida Vacation: Ideas? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: UncleHoot
Subject: Florida Vacation: Ideas?
Date: 26 Mar 2010 10:34:50
Message: <4bacc60a$1@news.povray.org>
We're taking a family vacation in Florida, leaving next friday (April 2).
Ironically, it's supposed to be unseasonably warm in Michigan next week,
too.  So, hopefully I'll be enjoying the beautiful weather up here before we
go down there.  :-)

Anyway, I don't plan to visit any of the big amusement parks.  "Mom"
over-winters down there now, so we're probably going to simply RELAX!
Imagine that.  But, I'd like to plan at least 3 days where we go out and do
something.  So far, I've only got one day planned.

So, if you've been to Florida, live in Florida, or whatever, I'm looking for
possible things to do within perhaps 100 miles of the Orlando area.  Natural
beauty, quiet beaches, etc, would be at the top of my list, if any such
places still exist.  Or perhaps anything else that most tourists miss.  I've
been to Florida several times before, but Disney always seemed to eat up
most of our time.  Anything different and interesting is worth a mention.

Post a reply to this message

> We're taking a family vacation in Florida, leaving next friday (April 2).
> Ironically, it's supposed to be unseasonably warm in Michigan next week,
> too.  So, hopefully I'll be enjoying the beautiful weather up here before we
> go down there.  :-)
>
> Anyway, I don't plan to visit any of the big amusement parks.  "Mom"
> over-winters down there now, so we're probably going to simply RELAX!
> Imagine that.  But, I'd like to plan at least 3 days where we go out and do
> something.  So far, I've only got one day planned.
>
> So, if you've been to Florida, live in Florida, or whatever, I'm looking for
> possible things to do within perhaps 100 miles of the Orlando area.  Natural
> beauty, quiet beaches, etc, would be at the top of my list, if any such
> places still exist.  Or perhaps anything else that most tourists miss.  I've
> been to Florida several times before, but Disney always seemed to eat up
> most of our time.  Anything different and interesting is worth a mention.

NASA has a shuttle launch (STS-131) scheduled for the early morning of
April 5, so as a space enthusiast I definitely know where *I* would go
:-D. Kennedy Space Center's visitor complex is worth a visit anyway even
without a launch; tickets are good for two consecutive days IIRC. Or
just take a stroll at the atlantic coast after the launch; Cocoa Beach
may be a good place to go.

You may also want to visit one of the many springs scattered all across
Florida to go for a swim; I suggest one where you can also rent a canoe
for a relaxed river trip. Can't name any specific though: Been to two
such places a while ago, but unfortunately forgotten their names by now.

Post a reply to this message