POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Florida Vacation: Ideas? : Florida Vacation: Ideas? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Florida Vacation: Ideas?
From: UncleHoot
Date: 26 Mar 2010 10:34:50
Message: <4bacc60a$1@news.povray.org>
We're taking a family vacation in Florida, leaving next friday (April 2).
Ironically, it's supposed to be unseasonably warm in Michigan next week,
too.  So, hopefully I'll be enjoying the beautiful weather up here before we
go down there.  :-)

Anyway, I don't plan to visit any of the big amusement parks.  "Mom"
over-winters down there now, so we're probably going to simply RELAX!
Imagine that.  But, I'd like to plan at least 3 days where we go out and do
something.  So far, I've only got one day planned.

So, if you've been to Florida, live in Florida, or whatever, I'm looking for
possible things to do within perhaps 100 miles of the Orlando area.  Natural
beauty, quiet beaches, etc, would be at the top of my list, if any such
places still exist.  Or perhaps anything else that most tourists miss.  I've
been to Florida several times before, but Disney always seemed to eat up
most of our time.  Anything different and interesting is worth a mention.