POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Florida Vacation: Ideas? : Re: Florida Vacation: Ideas? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Florida Vacation: Ideas?
From: clipka
Date: 26 Mar 2010 11:58:40
Message: <4bacd9b0$1@news.povray.org>
UncleHoot schrieb:
> We're taking a family vacation in Florida, leaving next friday (April 2).
> Ironically, it's supposed to be unseasonably warm in Michigan next week,
> too.  So, hopefully I'll be enjoying the beautiful weather up here before we
> go down there.  :-)
>
> Anyway, I don't plan to visit any of the big amusement parks.  "Mom"
> over-winters down there now, so we're probably going to simply RELAX!
> Imagine that.  But, I'd like to plan at least 3 days where we go out and do
> something.  So far, I've only got one day planned.
>
> So, if you've been to Florida, live in Florida, or whatever, I'm looking for
> possible things to do within perhaps 100 miles of the Orlando area.  Natural
> beauty, quiet beaches, etc, would be at the top of my list, if any such
> places still exist.  Or perhaps anything else that most tourists miss.  I've
> been to Florida several times before, but Disney always seemed to eat up
> most of our time.  Anything different and interesting is worth a mention.

NASA has a shuttle launch (STS-131) scheduled for the early morning of
April 5, so as a space enthusiast I definitely know where *I* would go
:-D. Kennedy Space Center's visitor complex is worth a visit anyway even
without a launch; tickets are good for two consecutive days IIRC. Or
just take a stroll at the atlantic coast after the launch; Cocoa Beach
may be a good place to go.

You may also want to visit one of the many springs scattered all across
Florida to go for a swim; I suggest one where you can also rent a canoe
for a relaxed river trip. Can't name any specific though: Been to two
such places a while ago, but unfortunately forgotten their names by now.