POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : District 9 (minor spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  District 9 (minor spoilers) (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Warp
Subject: District 9 (minor spoilers)
Date: 26 Jan 2010 08:25:39
Message: <4b5eed52@news.povray.org>
I succeeded in avoiding all possible spoilers about this movie, so I had
no idea what it was about (with the exception of "something about aliens,
so I suppose it's some sort of scifi").

  A bit surprisingly this is, in rather broad terms, the same type of story
as Pocahontas/Dances with Wolves/Last Samurai/Avatar. However, it's not even
nearly as cliche. The aliens were not so unanimously and unambiguously
one-dimensional (the good guys, one with nature, etc). The protagonist was
also rather non-one-dimensional.

  The movie actually succeeded in making me feel sorry for the kid (if that's
the proper term), even though the aliens don't exactly show human-recognizable
feelings. I consider a movie good if it succeeds in me feel some kind of
emotions.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message