POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : District 9 (minor spoilers) : Re: District 9 (minor spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: District 9 (minor spoilers)
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 Jan 2010 16:12:31
Message: <4b5f5abf@news.povray.org>
>> On the other hand, horror films are extremely popular, so apparently
>> some people like getting scared stupid.

> I think the correct designation here is probably that you have to be
> stupid to be scared by horror movies.

Depends which movie.

I watched one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, and it was indeed
laughable. Nobody gushes 47 gallons of scarlet paint when cut open.
Especially not over the ceiling. (I'm *also* reasonably sure you can't
actually scream with a fist of blades extending out of your lungs...)

On the other hand, watch Aliens. Sure, it's fantasy. It's not real. It
couldn't happen. Logically it doesn't even make a lot of sense for a
creature to exist for the sole purpose of killing things. But it's
pretty God-damned terrifying all the same...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/