POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : District 9 (minor spoilers) : Re: District 9 (minor spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: District 9 (minor spoilers)
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Jan 2010 08:48:38
Message: <4b5ef2b6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> I consider a movie good if it succeeds in me feel some kind of
> emotions.

I consider a movie good if it succeeds in making me feel some kind of
emition, unless it's "oh God, when will this film END?!"

But that's probably what you meant anyway...

Actually, I'm shallower than that. I consider a film good if I feel good
after watching it. Titanic is not a good film, because after watching it
I have almost lost the will to live. Why would you pay money to have
this feeling?

On the other hand, horror films are extremely popular, so apparently
some people like getting scared stupid. And I can't help noticing that
all of the most celebrated works of storytelling that mankind has ever
produced are tragedies. So apparently I'm just weird...