POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : District 9 (minor spoilers) : Re: District 9 (minor spoilers) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: District 9 (minor spoilers)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Jan 2010 14:31:51
Message: <4b5f4327$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/26/2010 6:48 AM, Invisible wrote:
> On the other hand, horror films are extremely popular, so apparently
> some people like getting scared stupid. And I can't help noticing that
> all of the most celebrated works of storytelling that mankind has ever
> produced are tragedies. So apparently I'm just weird...
I think the correct designation here is probably that you have to be
stupid to be scared by horror movies (or at least badly confused about
reality and what is plausible). My mother, for example, may have some
odd dreams after watching one, but she laughs her ass off while actually
*watching* the thing, due to how absurd the movie is. I don't go that
far, but scared? Give me a fracking break. At bare minimum, almost no
one in the average horror movie is worth being scared *for*, never mind
scared *of*.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {