POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encrypted drive problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  Encrypted drive problem (Message 31 to 37 of 37)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Exchange
Date: 8 Dec 2009 09:54:25
Message: <4b1e68a1$1@news.povray.org>
>> Let's face it, who talks to me?
>
> I would have thought that as the IT guy for the UK you would have
> received quite a lot of emails containing important information

You'd hope so, wouldn't you?

> which would be worth keeping.

Indeed...

Actually, any *really* important information, I tend to put into a Word
document or something and then delete the original email. So, for
example, if I want to know our public IP address, I look at my network
diagram rather than hunt down the original email from BT.

Post a reply to this message

> Actually, any *really* important information, I tend to put into a Word
> document or something and then delete the original email. So, for example,
> if I want to know our public IP address, I look at my network diagram
> rather than hunt down the original email from BT.

Ah ok, makes sense, but I tend to keep the original emails too, incase
anything dodgy happens later and then you can forward them their original
email and say "hey look, you told me this before" :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Actually, any *really* important information, I tend to put into a
>> Word document or something and then delete the original email. So, for
>> example, if I want to know our public IP address, I look at my network
>> diagram rather than hunt down the original email from BT.
>
> Ah ok, makes sense, but I tend to keep the original emails too, incase
> anything dodgy happens later and then you can forward them their
> original email and say "hey look, you told me this before" :-)

Indeed. And I still have my boss's email telling me that I need to go
read the Procedure Document for the operation of the water purifier in
the Oregon lab. But once these little political battles are over,
there's usually no reason to keep the email.

The bottom line is, I don't receive much email in the first place.

(Well, ignoring all the auto-generated stuff - which I do!)

Post a reply to this message

>>> Actually, any *really* important information, I tend to put into a
>>> Word document or something and then delete the original email. So, for
>>> example, if I want to know our public IP address, I look at my network
>>> diagram rather than hunt down the original email from BT.
>>
>> Ah ok, makes sense, but I tend to keep the original emails too, incase
>> anything dodgy happens later and then you can forward them their
>> original email and say "hey look, you told me this before" :-)
>
> Indeed. And I still have my boss's email telling me that I need to go
> read the Procedure Document for the operation of the water purifier in
> the Oregon lab. But once these little political battles are over,
> there's usually no reason to keep the email.

But no reason to delete it either. You're way below your limit.

Post a reply to this message