POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Operation downfall (Message 141 to 150 of 244)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Operation downfall
Date: 26 Nov 2009 18:15:12
Message: <4B0F0C03.7060500@hotmail.com>
One of your main character faults is that you judge things that you have
never seen.
Sure, there may be places in London that you don't want to live, but
there are also places that you could happily live in. London is simply
too big to lump it all together. Especially not if your only experience
is from  a casual visit to the city center.

I am rather sure that you have never been to Germany so your remarks
about that country are simply inappropriate.

I don't recall that you have visited Amsterdam or the Netherlands in
general. Again there are places you don't want to live in but also
places that are much better than MK on an objective scale, though
possibly not yours. Same for France (though they have the added problem
of no speaking English) or Switzerland or Finland or...

Aside from that, there is still that problem that you may want to live
somewhere but you also have to work there. ATM you are moderately not
unhappy not to live outside MK, but you don't want to work there. If you
move to another place where they do have an interesting and fulfilling
job, you may have to move. So you won't live where you want to. Or do
you? Is there any guarantee that after living there for a few months you
still won't like the place?

Totally aside: is there a nice psychiatric term for your condition. It
clearly is some kind of phobia, but perhaps it is so rare that it does
not have a name. Anyone knows?

Post a reply to this message