POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Operation downfall : Re: Operation downfall Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Operation downfall
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 28 Nov 2009 15:08:54
Message: <4b118356@news.povray.org>
>>> I am rather sure that you have never been to Germany so your remarks
>>> about that country are simply inappropriate.
>>
>> There's nothing wrong with Germany. I'm sure lots of people *love*
>> living there. It's just that *I* don't want to live there. I'm allowed
>> an opinion aren't I?
>
> Are you sure it is "aren't I"? Anyway, yes you are allowed an opinion,
> my problem is prejudice. This was just that, a negative opinion based on
> no facts at all.

Foreign people make me nervous. Fact. Living in Germany would mean that
I am surrounded by such people constantly. Fact. So I probably wouldn't
like Germany. Not a fact, but a reasonable supposition, I'd say.

>> Still, most of the populous of MK are employed. If everybody else
>> manages it, there seems no particular reason why I can't.
>
> AFAIK you are employed. Do work below your capacity, hate it, and are
> not prepared to change your job for fear of the unknown.

Who says I'm not prepaid to change my job?

Did you miss the part where I actually went to an interview for another
job? Would I do that if I wasn't prepaid to change?

> Put another way: normally I am prepared to accept anybody's statement on
> what they feel and think, but in this case I think you are simply scared
> to death by the idea of change, no matter what you say.

I'd say I'm more scared of the idea of *not* changing - that what I have
now is all my life is ever going to be. But you presumably aren't going
to believe me.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/