POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid News Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  World Community Grid News (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: World Community Grid News
Date: 17 Oct 2009 04:18:56
Message: <4ad97df0$1@news.povray.org>
[url=http://www.bitc.org.uk/media_centre/press_releases/international_award.html]IBM

and environmental problems[/url]

Post a reply to this message

From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: World Community Grid News
Date: 11 Nov 2009 08:00:32
Message: <4afab570$1@news.povray.org>
OK here it is the so anticipated Anti-Paranoid package:

The following paragraph came from here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/bg/rfp.pdf
which is the 'Request For Proposals'.

"World Community Grid is designed as a resource for research done with a
philanthropic or humanitarian purpose and will only be available to
projects conducted for public and not-for-profit purposes. It will serve
as a useful tool for the completion of a certain stage of research,
hastening the progress of projects into further phases of development.
Results must be made available to the global research community by the
sponsoring research organization and remain in the public domain.

Because projects must serve to promote human welfare directly or
indirectly, it is anticipated that projects in the following disciplines
will be run on World Community Grid:

The webpage is here:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/research/viewSubmitAProposal.do , here
you can read:

"Research We Support
World Community Grid supports research that is:

     * Focused on solving problems to benefit humanity;
     * Conducted by public or nonprofit organizations;
     * Contributed to the public domain; and
     * Accelerated by grid computing technology."

As you can see I was wrong about selling the drug/treatment but I was
right about the free and public result database. See? it was there all
the time, you just had to look for it. The website got redesigned so
some info was moved or removed.

Post a reply to this message