POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  2012 (Message 21 to 30 of 89)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: 2012
Date: 20 Oct 2009 18:45:20
Message: <4ade3d80$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Sarcastic, but you get the idea ;)
>>
>> ....Chambers
>
> Oh, you mean all these kind of theories are crap? maybe at a glance but
> if you dig it, it starts to make sense and is kinda of fun, specially in
> a well done movie.

I mean, the kind of willful distortion of Asimov's writings that I
portrayed is analogous to how this movie is portraying 2012.  It's not
remotely accurate, but *they claim it is*.

I don't mind fun movies that admit they're having fun.  I get seriously
annoyed by movies which claim a certain credibility that they lack (re:
Disney for more examples of this).

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message