POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 2012 : Re: 2012 Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2012
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 22 Oct 2009 13:31:16
Message: <4ae096e4$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Well man, I didn't know that reality about US, well IMO there are all
> kinds of people all over the world, maybe one group being bigger in some
> places than others, but I think you're a little worked up by this people
> and maybe you are given them exactly what they want from people that
> don't share their believes.

Poor assumption. What you get from these people is that they have gotten
rich off of being the way they are, which involves belief also in their
divine right to rule, etc., which means 1) exploitation, 2) cheating, 3)
lying for their god, 4) making masses of money from these things, 5)
being convinced that, since the world will end, they don't need to "do"
anything about things like health care, poverty, the environment, etc.
The #1 biggest group of idiots in the US that a) own large businesses,
and b) deny the need to fix various problems we have, are also people
that think all the problems are "signs of the coming end", and that
apposing them is actually counter to what their god wants.

That is the real problem. When you expect the world to end any day, you
are not going to be inclined to make 10, 20, 100 year plans, or more, to
"fix" serious problems. You are not going to invest in alternative
energy which you will never need, you won't bother trying to improve the
health, well being, or poverty level, of other people, since they won't
be alive, based on your belief, long enough to benefit from any of it.
All you can do is try to kiss ass, so you are not one of the "left
behind" when things go to hell, and that means opposing abortions,
apposing gay marriage, etc., to these people, not *helping* to make
anything better. If it doesn't happen, you just change the date, and
continue "hating the sins", while screwing everyone around you, until
the next day comes and goes. Don't attribute some ulterior motive to
these people, I know a fair number that "used to be" them, and they will
flat out tell you that they **believed** all of it 100%, until they
figured out just how badly they had been lied to from birth, about
almost everything, and how much pure insanity was necessary to maintain
that belief.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {