POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions (Message 31 to 40 of 46)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 6 Messages >>>
From: scott
Subject: Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
Date: 14 Oct 2009 06:05:31
Message: <4ad5a26b$1@news.povray.org>
I forgot to add one thing: executable code size.

I wrote a little app that uses C# and DirectX, just a simple physics-based
"game" with a few connected bodies controlled by the keyboard and an RK4
integrator.  The result is drawn on the screen in a window.  The generated
.exe is 23KB - I couldn't believe it and had to copy it to my other PC to
check it actually worked.  Nowadays I guess it doesn't matter if your file
is 23KB or 2.3MB, but still I thought it was cool how small it was.

Post a reply to this message