POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Invisible
Date: 19 Oct 2009 09:46:10
Message: <4adc6da2$1@news.povray.org>
> Anyway I kind of meant the original un-updated XP, the service pack
> updates include .net anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect too. The Windows Update server had to
install SP3, reboot the PC and then install the .NET framework - which
doesn't like a lot of sense if SP3 *includes* it.

> BTW, according to Wikipedia 22% use Vista and 68% use XP, and you can
> guess which way both those numbers are heading...

Yes, I expect Vista usage to increase over time. (Or will it? Maybe
everybody will just move to Windows 7?) My point is *today* few people
use it.

>> I rephrase: The .NET runtime is not listed in add/remove programs. I
>> presumed this to mean it isn't installed.
>
> Ah ok, yes it *is* installed, but I assume you cannot uninstall it
> (because presumably some parts of Vista were written to make use of it).

Interesting. So it's installed but just not listed? Is there a
scientific way to confirm this?

I should have realised eventually I would have no choice in the matter...