POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Laptop recommendations please. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Laptop recommendations please. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Stephen
Subject: Laptop recommendations please.
Date: 21 Sep 2009 04:25:51
Message: <03eeb5d0l4mmrgjp9av5rhfiu5i12ufpd5@4ax.com>
My old laptop, a Toshiba satellite P200D needs to be replaced. The screen is
wonky and now the keyboard is playing up.
My requirements are something lighter than the 3.3 kg the P200D is. I don't need
a 17" screen but surprise, surprise I do want lots of CPU ticks and PovRay
power. My budget is up to GBP 1000 but I don't mind spending less. :)
Any suggestions?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> My old laptop, a Toshiba satellite P200D needs to be replaced. The screen is
> wonky and now the keyboard is playing up.
> My requirements are something lighter than the 3.3 kg the P200D is. I don't need
> a 17" screen but surprise, surprise I do want lots of CPU ticks and PovRay
> power. My budget is up to GBP 1000 but I don't mind spending less. :)
> Any suggestions?
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

What about...

http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-laptop-lctp.html

Note the XP dual boot option.  I'm submitting this for discussion rather than
recommending it outright since I don't actually have one, but was thinking about
this as an option to replace my own aging laptop.  Pros?  Cons?

Post a reply to this message