POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The original Der Untergang bits Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  The original Der Untergang bits (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Florian Pesth
Subject: Re: The original Der Untergang bits
Date: 8 Sep 2009 16:14:37
Message: <4aa6bb2d$1@news.povray.org>
Am Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:00:22 -0400 schrieb Warp:

>   Watching some of Hitler's actual speeches, it actually doesn't feel
>   like
> the actor in that movie is overacting at all...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs

Can't seem to get that here (copyright restrictions), but I agree with
your point. Still I think one should note, that behaviour, which seems
exagerrated and even funny today, at that time might have been seen as
quite impressive and charismatic. (One example is the rolling "r", which
was used much more back than I think - I can't really pronounce it like
that :)). But come to think of it, it might also have to do with south
german / austrian origin of Hitler. I have sometimes trouble
understanding Bavarians.

Post a reply to this message

> >   Watching some of Hitler's actual speeches, it actually doesn't feel like
> > the actor in that movie is overacting at all...
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs

> That video is unavailable in Germany, allegedly due to
> licensing/copyright stuff.

  Actually I'm not surprised those videos are banned in Germany due to
"copyright" (yeah, right).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Am Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:18:05 -0400 schrieb Warp:

>   Actually I'm not surprised those videos are banned in Germany due to
> "copyright" (yeah, right).

That's youtube banning, not germany.

Post a reply to this message

> Am Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:18:05 -0400 schrieb Warp:
>
>>    Actually I'm not surprised those videos are banned in Germany due to
>> "copyright" (yeah, right).
>
> That's youtube banning, not germany.

	If Google/Youtube has any offices in Germany, they're required to abide
by German laws.

--
Blessed are the censors, for they shall inhibit the earth.

Post a reply to this message

>    Watching some of Hitler's actual speeches, it actually doesn't feel like
> the actor in that movie is overacting at all...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs

	There's a big difference between giving a speech in public and doing it
in private. I've seen lots of politicians give fiery speeches like the
one in that video - but they don't have a reputation of being like that
in person. People often exaggerate their emotions in speeches.

--
Blessed are the censors, for they shall inhibit the earth.

Post a reply to this message

>>>   Watching some of Hitler's actual speeches, it actually doesn't feel like
>>> the actor in that movie is overacting at all...
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs
>
>> That video is unavailable in Germany, allegedly due to
>> licensing/copyright stuff.
>
>   Actually I'm not surprised those videos are banned in Germany due to
> "copyright" (yeah, right).

I guess that's actually Youtube's generic way of saying "in order to not
risk getting into any legal trouble, we prefer to not give you that".

Post a reply to this message