POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The original Der Untergang bits : Re: The original Der Untergang bits Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The original Der Untergang bits
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 8 Sep 2009 16:14:37
Message: <4aa6bb2d$1@news.povray.org>
Am Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:00:22 -0400 schrieb Warp:

>   Watching some of Hitler's actual speeches, it actually doesn't feel
>   like
> the actor in that movie is overacting at all...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-6H4xOUrs

Can't seem to get that here (copyright restrictions), but I agree with
your point. Still I think one should note, that behaviour, which seems
exagerrated and even funny today, at that time might have been seen as
quite impressive and charismatic. (One example is the rolling "r", which
was used much more back than I think - I can't really pronounce it like
that :)). But come to think of it, it might also have to do with south
german / austrian origin of Hitler. I have sometimes trouble
understanding Bavarians.