POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The original Der Untergang bits : Re: The original Der Untergang bits Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The original Der Untergang bits
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 9 Sep 2009 03:07:48
Message: <4aa75444$1@news.povray.org>
Am Wed, 09 Sep 2009 01:17:26 +0200 schrieb clipka:

>>> That's youtube banning, not germany.
>>
>>     If Google/Youtube has any offices in Germany, they're required to
>> abide by German laws.
>
> Yes, but I guess they also have reserved the freedom (via terms of use)
> to ban stuff even if they just /suspect/ that it /might/ get them into
> trouble.
>
> Nazi stuff is a very delicate issue over here, so I wouldn't be
> surprised if Youtube just chose to play it safe on that matter, and
> avoids playing anything that even remotely looks like it could be
> mistaken for Neonazi propaganda.

Yes, that is exactly my point. One should distinguish this two points.
Actually there is some weird copyright issue involved also (I have to
look it up, but I think it had something to do with some propaganda
material belonging technically (via law continuation) to some authority
in Bavaria which used that as a trick to avoid it getting propagated...
but I really have to look it up, my memory is very fuzzy on that.)