POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The original Der Untergang bits : Re: The original Der Untergang bits Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The original Der Untergang bits
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2009 19:17:31
Message: <4aa6e60b@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan schrieb:
>>>    Actually I'm not surprised those videos are banned in Germany due to
>>> "copyright" (yeah, right).
>>
>> That's youtube banning, not germany.
>
>     If Google/Youtube has any offices in Germany, they're required to
> abide by German laws.

Yes, but I guess they also have reserved the freedom (via terms of use)
to ban stuff even if they just /suspect/ that it /might/ get them into
trouble.

Nazi stuff is a very delicate issue over here, so I wouldn't be
surprised if Youtube just chose to play it safe on that matter, and
avoids playing anything that even remotely looks like it could be
mistaken for Neonazi propaganda.