POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Some conspiracy theories are right after all... (Message 21 to 30 of 133)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
Date: 3 Sep 2009 17:33:03
Message: <4aa0360f$1@news.povray.org>
>Do you honestly and seriously think that nobody has ever thought about
>that?

Of course, both sides have gone over every detail, and while
I haven't followed the conspiracy wesites, I remember having
watched a TV special about it, and most of the portions they
discussed seemed to have simple RL debunks. It really makes
the hoax theorists look like idiots.

>Let me ask you a question: Do you know the mechanics and physics behind
>the so-called photographic lens flare effect?

Yeah, light bounces beween the lens front and back.
There was quite a bit of glass in the moon rocks too,
so it's possible that there was sparkle from rocks.

>I warmly recommend you to read some debunking websites besides those hoax
>theory websites. Then make an informed decision on whether the explanations
>make sense and which possibility is more plausible.

I'm not sure it's really worth my time, there's not going
to be any proof that misplacing the tapes is incompetence
as NASA claims, vrs intentional as I suspect.

Post a reply to this message