POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Sep 2009 17:51:47
Message: <4aa03a73$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> He *did* say "portions" of the footage were faked. That's far more plausible
>> than everything being faked, and far easier to cover up.
>
>   I still don't see too much difference from what I wrote.
>
>   The astronauts would have to either be involved directly in the fakery,
> or some other people would have to be put in suits to fake the photos.
> Even if the fakery did not require actually taking photos, only manipulating
> existing material, the astronatus would notice some of the photos not
> matching anything they did. In either case I find it implausible for all
> these people to keep quiet about it.
>
>   Some people have to make the decision to create the fakes and arrange
> for making them. Some people need to do the actual faking. Some people
> would notice that some of the photos were not in any of the films in
> the actual cameras, and would certainly start asking questions about
> where those photos came from. All of these people would have to be kept
> quiet about these issues for the past 40 years.
>
>   And what would be the point? Why fake some photos while still having
> some genuine photos? Why take the risk of this information leaking?

But.. The same people that "think" they managed to do this also thing
that a Florida man who once worked as a janitor at a lab, by the name of
Lazar, is actually a physicist who had every scrap of evidence,
including his own SSN, school records, birth records, etc. **all**
erased by the NSA and CIA, and replaced by ones showing he was a
clueless, uneducated fool, to hide the fact that he worked on the secret
projects to reverse engineer alien space craft. You know.. The stuff
that we came up with, like gravity drives (oh, wait, no, we haven't
managed that one) or micro chips, the later of which work so well, that
there are dozens of research projects trying to replace them with light
based chips, quantum computers, and even, in some obscure circles, new
classes of analog systems... None of which work *anything* like a
transistor, but I am sure the same people think where "reverse
engineered" from the same glowy flying space ships, in a secret
building, that Mr. Lazar worked with.

Oh, and the real fun thing.. The moron insists that the almost instantly
decaying, Ununium 115 is the power source for these ships, and that its
"natural" form is neither radioactively toxic, nor unstable (never mind
the fact that the stuff made by us in particle accelerators *is* the
natural kind, and you would have to strip off like 30+ electrons (this
is an estimate, since I have no idea what the next stable "downward"
element would be), or add 69 of them, to get a "stable" configuration of
184 electrons. Pretty sure, though its been a while, that isotopes have
only +/- 1 electron, maybe 2, but nothing I have ever seen suggests you
could add, or remove 30-70 of them to get a "stable" form. For one, I
doubt the core would sustain that many lost, or gained, without them
flying off, or causing a collapse of the structure. The 184 element
*might* be feasibly worth something, if anyone ever made any, which we
haven't, and I suspect its properties are probably not anything like "fuel".

Oh, yes, and the local wacko that believes Lazar *and* the moon landing
being a hoax, also thinks that 9/11 was "staged".

The way I figure it, if all the shit they think people faked over the
years where faked, the amount of power such people would have to have
would make it **easier** for them to simply arrange for inconvenient
people like Lazar to die in a car accident, *before* they write a dozen
fracking books, then erase anything they might have written down,
instead of wasting decades erasing documents to make the guy look like a
quack. Basically, anyone able to cover up the shit they are accused of
could make the population of an entire state vanish, if they where
"inconvenient" and be similarly *never caught at it*. Yet, somehow, all
these people who "know the truth", these thousands of walking corpses,
these inconvenient people that, if they just dredged up one single
document some place, could bring the whole thing down, are amazingly
alive, loud, prolific in whining about the conspiracies, and, in many
cases, making a damn good living off of selling stuff that any *sane*
conspiracist would have had burned, along with their bodies, before the
first book hit the printers, never mind a book shelf.

These people make my head hurt...

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {