POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2009 07:58:26
Message: <4aa100e1@news.povray.org>
> Darren New wrote:
> >>   Wanna bet how many conspiracy theorists are going to completely ignore
> >> the reliability of the source and quote that article as fact?-)
> >
> > You win.

> Google too.
> http://picturehost.net/b0b/OnionOnGoogleNewsPage.jpg

  What I find amusing is that the satire article at Onion doesn't say that
Armstrong confessed to the hoax. It clearly says that Armstrong "had been
convinced by a conspiracy theorists that it was a hoax" (including his
historic first step on the Moon). Which of course makes absolutely no sense.
(How can he not know at the time he was just participating in a hoax, and
only be convinced later?) Yet some people just bought it without thinking
about it for a second.

--
                                                          - Warp