POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 15:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Warp
Date: 4 Sep 2009 07:49:51
Message: <4aa0fede@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> The way I figure it, if all the shit they think people faked over the
> years where faked, the amount of power such people would have to have
> would make it **easier** for them to simply arrange for inconvenient
> people like Lazar to die in a car accident, *before* they write a dozen
> fracking books, then erase anything they might have written down,
> instead of wasting decades erasing documents to make the guy look like a
> quack.

  That's one part of radical conspiracy theorists which I find rather
amusing. (Of course not *all* of conspiracy theorists are so radical,
but many are.)

  A common claim is that the Big Evil, ie. the government secretly controls
everything, performs assasinations of unwanted people, has supersecret elite
forces which perform all kinds of illegal secret activities (such as the
assasinations, as well as kidnapping people, etc), and that they will destroy
anybody who tries to expose the truth about the government secrets.

  The amusing (and at the same time sad) thing is that these people honestly
don't seem to see the contradiction here. *They* are supposedly exposing all
the government secrets, and at the same time they are claiming that the
government is assasinating anybody doing so.

--
                                                          - Warp