POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questionable optimizations Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Questionable optimizations (Message 25 to 34 of 44)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Questionable optimizations
Date: 19 Jul 2009 14:13:51
Message: <4a63625f$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> So if some infiltrated Windows systems would be an inflammation, I'd liken some
> infiltrated Linux systems to a sepsis.

Plus, it's generally a lot easier to infiltrate a web server using code
injection or something than it is to infiltrate a kernel. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."

From: clipka
Date: 19 Jul 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.4a63624f2c54829feecd81460@news.povray.org>
> This happened to be some mips-specific assembly. Not exactly exotic, but
> then why are you changing that file if you don't have a mips chip to test it
> on in the first place?

In a commercial project, I'd say maybe because the developing company doesn't
have a mips system to test it on, and has made an agreement with one of its
customers who needs this fix. But still the change should not be included in
the main branch before the customer has confirmed that it does compile and fix
the issue.

Post a reply to this message