POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questionable optimizations : Re: Questionable optimizations Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:04:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Questionable optimizations
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jul 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.4a63624f2c54829feecd81460@news.povray.org>
> This happened to be some mips-specific assembly. Not exactly exotic, but
> then why are you changing that file if you don't have a mips chip to test it
> on in the first place?

In a commercial project, I'd say maybe because the developing company doesn't
have a mips system to test it on, and has made an agreement with one of its
customers who needs this fix. But still the change should not be included in
the main branch before the customer has confirmed that it does compile and fix
the issue.