POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:59 EDT (-0400)
  O RLY? (Message 41 to 50 of 109)
From: scott
Subject: Re: O RLY?
Date: 10 Jul 2009 04:37:32
Message: <4a56fdcc@news.povray.org>
> I've yet to see an IDE that isn't horribly slow, bloated and inflexible. I
> guess in that respect VS is no worse than any other IDE.

Maybe it's your computer then? :-)

VS works perfectly fast enough here thank you... exactly how can an IDE be
horribly slow? You mean when compiling or starting up or what?

I have Visual C++ 2008 Express here and a moderately complex program (about
1MB of code in 50 source files using lots of DirectX headers and libraries
and the Newton Game Dynamics physics library).

Time to open VC++: ~1s
Time to open project: ~1.5s
Time to compile from scratch: ~10s

Post a reply to this message