POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : O RLY? : Re: O RLY? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: O RLY?
From: scott
Date: 10 Jul 2009 04:37:32
Message: <4a56fdcc@news.povray.org>
> I've yet to see an IDE that isn't horribly slow, bloated and inflexible. I
> guess in that respect VS is no worse than any other IDE.

Maybe it's your computer then? :-)

VS works perfectly fast enough here thank you... exactly how can an IDE be
horribly slow? You mean when compiling or starting up or what?

I have Visual C++ 2008 Express here and a moderately complex program (about
1MB of code in 50 source files using lots of DirectX headers and libraries
and the Newton Game Dynamics physics library).

Time to open VC++: ~1s
Time to open project: ~1.5s
Time to compile from scratch: ~10s