POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : False "minimum system requirements" in modern games Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  False "minimum system requirements" in modern games (Message 28 to 37 of 47)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: False "minimum system requirements" in modern games
Date: 8 Jun 2009 14:35:30
Message: <4a2d59f2@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> and the focus gradually shifted to the objects, leaving the people
>> blurred. Really cool-looking.
>
> Very cinemagraphic!
>
> Next up: Making the splashing of water based on the actual movement of
> water in the simulation. :-)

I'm interested in that, but I don't care about realtimeness :)

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 8 Jun 2009 14:53:42
Message: <4A2D5E38.5030700@hotmail.com>
On 8-6-2009 20:26, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>>>   I don't understand what you mean.
>> That is not entirely true.
>>
>>> Approximately 100% of people who
>>> read this group are computer users.
>> So? A fair amount have views on religion too, close to but not entirely
>> 100% I would guess. Possibly about the same percentage as those playing
>> games.
>
> Way to derail the thread, thanks.

I do my best ;)
Actually I though of it as binding two threads together.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Jun 2009 20:20:17
Message: <4a2daac1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

I know this is tangential to the thrust of your post, and please forgive
my ignorance, but in VERY GENERAL terms, how does a game run faster on
two cores?  What is done to exploit the added processor?

-Jim

Post a reply to this message