POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of conspiracy theories (Message 1 to 10 of 133)
From: Warp
Subject: Speaking of conspiracy theories
Date: 28 Jul 2009 06:49:24
Message: <4a6ed7b4@news.povray.org>
I found this article at cracked.com a good read. It's a bit long and uses
a bit vulgar style in some parts, but I warmly recommend you to read it.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15740_was-911-inside-job.html

  It's not a debunking article per se, but more of an opinion of why the
conspiracy theorists are nuts. Especially the second page makes good points
about why keeping a huge conspiracy like that is basically impossible: There
simply are way too many people involved and too many witnesses who could
blow up the whole thing with simple evidence (eg. by showing a paycheck by
the government to keep them quiet).

  The conspiracy theorists claim that all the people involved, who would
could blow up the whole conspiracy, were paid by the government to keep
quiet. As the article aptly puts it, how much money would *you* take in
order to keep quiet about the murder of your family, friends or co-workers?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   It's not a debunking article per se, but more of an opinion of why the
> conspiracy theorists are nuts. Especially the second page makes good points
> about why keeping a huge conspiracy like that is basically impossible: There
> simply are way too many people involved and too many witnesses who could
> blow up the whole thing with simple evidence (eg. by showing a paycheck by
> the government to keep them quiet).
>
>   The conspiracy theorists claim that all the people involved, who would
> could blow up the whole conspiracy, were paid by the government to keep
> quiet. As the article aptly puts it, how much money would *you* take in
> order to keep quiet about the murder of your family, friends or co-workers?

More interestingly, it explains *why* people want to believe such
ludicrous claims: for the personal glory.

Post a reply to this message