POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2009 07:33:11
Message: <4a6ee1f7@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> More interestingly, it explains *why* people want to believe such
> ludicrous claims: for the personal glory.

  Yeah. If what that article claims is true, the author of the Loose Change
"documentary" originally didn't even believe in the conspiracy, but simply
did the first version of the film just for fun and experiment, by deliberately
picking up certain material and ignoring the rest, just to see how it would
turn out. Only after he was offered glory and cash was it that he started
making it a serious attempt at a convincing (and outright deceiving) movie.

  I suppose he succeeded big time. He got his fame, followers, TV time and
money.

--
                                                          - Warp