POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: John VanSickle
Date: 30 Jul 2009 07:56:48
Message: <4a718a80$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I found this article at cracked.com a good read. It's a bit long and uses
> a bit vulgar style in some parts, but I warmly recommend you to read it.
>
> http://www.cracked.com/article_15740_was-911-inside-job.html
>
>   It's not a debunking article per se, but more of an opinion of why the
> conspiracy theorists are nuts. Especially the second page makes good points
> about why keeping a huge conspiracy like that is basically impossible: There
> simply are way too many people involved and too many witnesses who could
> blow up the whole thing with simple evidence (eg. by showing a paycheck by
> the government to keep them quiet).
>
>   The conspiracy theorists claim that all the people involved, who would
> could blow up the whole conspiracy, were paid by the government to keep
> quiet. As the article aptly puts it, how much money would *you* take in
> order to keep quiet about the murder of your family, friends or co-workers?

Aside from a handful of people who think that our federal government is
always up to something evil, no matter who is in office, a small number
of people were afflicted with Bush Derangement Syndrome to such a degree
that they believe him capable of anything evil.  In all fairness,
conspiracy theories about Clinton abounded during his time in office as
well.

Regards,
John