POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Jul 2009 18:00:53
Message: <4a70c695$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
>> Well, its not just that. I don't have a link, but someone pointed out
>> that "most" conspiracy theories all have a common thread of ideas. In
>> essence, if you fall for one, you are more open to falling for the next,
>> and since that has thread into others, you can fall for it easier, and
>> so on.
>
>   That seems to be true. I have yet to meet the person who is, for example,
> a strong believer in the Moon landing hoax theories, but does not believe
> for a second that there was a conspiracy in the 9/11 attacks, or the other
> way around. For some reason these two conspiracy theories seem to go hand
> in hand: If someone believes in one, there's an almost 100% probability that
> he believes in the other too.
>
>   And this is not just the nutjobs in their basements who believe in black
> helicopters, Roswell UFOs and the Kennedy assasination conspiracies. These
> are just regular, normal people.

Yeah. The regular "normal" people like the nut that wrote how he hated
what the left did to Palin, who was a nice wack.. uh, normal person like
him, but he doesn't trust the right either, so he feels he has been left
out in the middle. Well.. the regular "normal" people like this are
precisely what scared the hell out of me that she *might* actually end
up as VP. lol Like living in a world where everyone is Forest Gump, only
none of them sound like it, until they start talking about some aspect
of politics, education, etc., at which point you can see their brains
dribbling out their ears.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {