POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Warp
Date: 29 Jul 2009 04:47:00
Message: <4a700c83@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> Well, its not just that. I don't have a link, but someone pointed out
> that "most" conspiracy theories all have a common thread of ideas. In
> essence, if you fall for one, you are more open to falling for the next,
> and since that has thread into others, you can fall for it easier, and
> so on.

  That seems to be true. I have yet to meet the person who is, for example,
a strong believer in the Moon landing hoax theories, but does not believe
for a second that there was a conspiracy in the 9/11 attacks, or the other
way around. For some reason these two conspiracy theories seem to go hand
in hand: If someone believes in one, there's an almost 100% probability that
he believes in the other too.

  And this is not just the nutjobs in their basements who believe in black
helicopters, Roswell UFOs and the Kennedy assasination conspiracies. These
are just regular, normal people.

--
                                                          - Warp