POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DTV Conversion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:01 EDT (-0400)
  DTV Conversion (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Chambers
Subject: DTV Conversion
Date: 14 Feb 2009 17:51:31
Message: <49974af3@news.povray.org>
I'm willing to bet that we could have converter boxes for <$20 right now
if Congress hadn't come up with that coupon plan.

After all, if you know for a fact that every item you sell has a $40
discount, doesn't it make sense to sell it for $40+x?

On another note, Congress decided to delay the transition because some
people aren't ready*.  Well, guess what?  There are ALWAYS going to be
people who aren't ready.  Considering they've been talking about the
switch from analog to digital for more than 10 years, if anyone isn't
ready by now it's NOT because they're ignorant.  They're either too
stupid to make the switch on their own, or they just don't care.  In
either case, delaying the switch won't make a difference.

*All the bill really does is *allow* stations to delay.  They can still
switch if they like, and many of them will, to save electricity.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message