POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DTV Conversion : Re: DTV Conversion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DTV Conversion
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 18:02:36
Message: <49974d8c$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> On another note, Congress decided to delay the transition because some
> people aren't ready*.

Actually, my understanding is they delayed the bill because they didn't have
enough money for all the $40 coupons they expect people to ask for. :-)

> *All the bill really does is *allow* stations to delay.  They can still
> switch if they like, and many of them will, to save electricity.

And all the planning is already done and such, too. It's not like you can
call up the manufacturer 2 weeks in advance and un-order the
half-million-dollar machine.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"