POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DTV Conversion : Re: DTV Conversion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DTV Conversion
From: triple r
Date: 14 Feb 2009 18:35:01
Message: <web.49975506297eebb1ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> I'm willing to bet that we could have converter boxes for <$20 right now
> if Congress hadn't come up with that coupon plan.

I can't imagine getting the switch approved, though, if they weren't basically
given to people.  You're right.  Some just won't make the switch, but many more
wouldn't if they actually had to pay a heftier fee for it.  a) Converter box for
$20.  I don't want to spend that.  b) Converter box for $60.  Coupon for $40.
Wow!  That's a big discount and I have this coupon, so I may as well use it.

> or they just don't care.

Bingo.  Closet, meet TV.  TV, closet.

 - Ricky