POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : DTV Conversion : Re: DTV Conversion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DTV Conversion
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Feb 2009 23:01:34
Message: <4997939e$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> 	Now you could just add $40 to the cost because of the coupons. But then
> some competitor will offer it for only $60 - and ultimately you'll be
> back to $45.

The potential flaw in this analysis is that there won't necessarily be that
many of these boxes sold. Three years from now, people won't be buying
converter boxes, so the back-and-forth on the pricing might not have time to
settle as much as pure market forces might imply.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"