POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Game recommendations (Message 33 to 42 of 52)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Game recommendations
Date: 9 Feb 2009 11:40:31
Message: <49905c7f@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> Darren's mentioned the biggies, but I'll add System Shock 1 and 2 the
> spirtual successors of Bioshock.

  I don't think that's what you intended to say... :P

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 9 Feb 2009 13:47:27
Message: <49907a3f$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> Darren's mentioned the biggies,

I also quite like Undying (great story and settings and magic/weapons/etc),
altho it wasn't what I'd call classic or anything. And McGee's Alice,
primarily because of the ties in to the book and the surrealism.

> but I'll add System Shock 1 and 2 the

I never managed to get it to run here, but I've seen videos. The on thing
that kills me with these games is when all the levels look the same. It
looks like DOOM3 is pretty much like that. You have "indoor base", "mars
surface", and "hades", and that's pretty much the three levels you have. At
least from my limited viewing of the game being played. I think SS was the
same way, if not moreso.

> Portal - All the hype, but the best way to think of it is as a confined
> sand-box; this is what has to happen or where you have to go now do it
> anyway you like.

Yeah. That looked like lots of fun. And a novel way of doing things. Perhaps
Mirror's Edge was inspired a bit by Portal.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message