POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 99 to 108 of 218)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 29 Jan 2009 17:04:50
Message: <49822802$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> And again. I have "never" seen any case, personally, where someone said,
> "Ooh! MS is doing that with their OS? Better put it in Linux!"

No, but I've seen things added to Linux that were available a while ago on
Windows. Of course the Linux people didn't go "had to have that," at least
not out loud, any more than features MS "steals" from Linux are advertised
that way.

> Windows borrows, Linux evolves.

Yeah, OK. Whatever.

> which just causes people like me, who "despise" storing data on
> the same partition as the OS, to pull our hair out,

I had no problem moving my home directory to a different partition.

> to defraggers that
> still, to this day, don't have the common sense to defrag the "unused"
> space,

Sure they do. Have for ages.

> or optimize program access (never mind all the third parties that
> figured that one out as far back as Win3.11), to.. an endless list.

They do that too, and have for ages.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"